ARMONK, N.Y – 14 Feb 2017: IBM (NYSE: IBM ) and ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW) are teaming to bring intelligent automation solutions to customers across the globe. The firms have agreed to a multi-year, strategic partnership to offer ServiceNow’s cloud-based service automation platform and IBM products and services to replace the unstructured work patterns of the past with intelligent workflows of the future. By automating work, customers can energize their employees, increase service levels and deliver game-changing economics in an enterprise that works seamlessly.
Enterprises need to move faster, but legacy tools and manual processes hold them back. The average employee is distracted once every 11 minutes and needs an average of 25 minutes to refocus on tasks. People compensate by working faster (but not necessarily more effectively), and experience more stress, higher levels of frustration and greater time pressures.1
IBM and ServiceNow will focus on automating manual processes to deliver greater efficiencies to their customers’ workplace — especially for the complex operations of the Global 2000. For this new global strategic partnership:
- IBM will leverage its extensive investment and intellectual capital around Cognitive computing as well as its global services integration and delivery resources.
- ServiceNow will provide its industry-leading, cloud-based software that intelligently automates work across IT, HR, customer service and security. ServiceNow analytics and benchmarks deliver actionable insight into service demand, service level compliance and other key performance indicators to improve enterprise efficiency.
- IBM and its customers can also use the ServiceNow platform to build business applications that automate processes in any department and any vertical market.
- ServiceNow will integrate with IBM’s Global Technology Services including Cognitive solutions, Bluemix infrastructure and IBM Cloud Orchestrator.
“Customers seeking to build on their current investments in the ServiceNow platform or planning a future migration will now be able to draw on IBM expertise in IT strategy, enterprise-solution integration, service governance, mobility, big-data analytics and other disciplines to enrich the services they provide,” said Rich Esposito, general manager, IBM Global Mobility Services. “Additionally, the partnership also opens the door for IBM to now offer a cloud-based solution to enhance users’ service experience and reduce operating costs.”
More specifically, the partnership will allow customers to:
- Leverage extensive IBM domain expertise and capabilities to architect an enterprise-wide system of action that leverages a common platform for departments to assign and prioritize, collaborate and get down to root cause of issues while gaining real-time insights that drive productivity.
- Take advantage of IBM’s programmatic approach to merge, migrate and deploy solutions to optimize departmental service clouds.
- Incorporate IBM experience to define and guide how service integrations will be done for the most complex environments.
“Now customers can deliver intelligent workflows across IT, HR, customer service and security on the ServiceNow cloud platform,” said David Schneider, chief revenue officer, ServiceNow. “This partnership ensures that IBM’s experience and scale with investments in analytics and Watson combined with ServiceNow’s intelligent automation will deliver game-changing economics to our mutual customers.”
IBM is a ServiceNow global strategic partner and has been a managed service provider since 2011 for the complete ServiceNow portfolio. IBM is currently responsible for managing some of the largest ServiceNow deployments globally.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Customers use our service model to define, structure and automate the flow of work, removing dependencies on email and spreadsheets to transform the delivery and management of services for the enterprise. ServiceNow enables service management for every department in the enterprise including IT, human resources, facilities, field service and more. We deliver a ‘lights-out, light-speed’ experience through our enterprise cloud – built to manage everything as a service. To find out how, visit www.servicenow.com.
About IBM Global Technology Services
IBM Global Technology Services offers end-to-end IT consulting and business services supported by an unparalleled global delivery network that is transforming its business to lead in an era of Cognitive and Cloud. As a cloud services integrator, GTS is managing the services and underlying infrastructure in an integrated and unified way. It is modernizing customers’ IT environments to help them meet the increasingly complex customer demands. GTS provides customers with innovative technology solutions that help them to improve their business processes and in turn, profitability.
1“The Cost of Interrupted Work: More Speed and Stress,” In: Proceedings of ACM CHI 2008 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems April 5-10, 2008, pp. 107-110. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1357054.1357072, Gloria Mark, Daniela Gudith and Ulrich Clocke
# # #
ServiceNow, the ServiceNow logo, and other ServiceNow marks are trademarks and /or registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc., in the United States and/or other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.